Monday, August 16, 2021

(#4580) The uneducated are not experts

      So many times I have squared off with ignorant people trying to use logic as a base line to create healthy debate. And so many times I have been disappointed by those who would opine their thoughts because they had no plan at all to use common ground like logic. Oh sure there were sprinklings of logic but more so the exception not the rule. So after several years I just quit trying to use reason, analysis, and conclusion as my argument and just stopped any interaction with those who do not want to use the foundations of debate. I loved debate when we had that in classes. It was refreshing to not only learn all the specifics of my point of view but of the other side as well.
     But those days are long gone and now we have more opinions than assholes as it were. Yet the gap in logic and opinion continues to grow without much to keep it from shrinking. Except when we come to the virus. The virus itself will punish those who do not take it seriously. It has only one job, infect to destroy. So the likelihood of debate about the virus not working will have an outcome that is more than just disagreement. It will kill and maim those who do not take it logically. There is no walking away from a virus debate that is spreading by denying it. Those who do accept that the virus is harmless and is a government entrapment of some sort will shortly find themselves thinking other dire thoughts.
     I didn't wish this scenario on anyone but the virus is in control not me. By taking a cavalier attitude toward the virus and demanding the right to ignore it, many will find that having a tube shoved down their throat is not a pleasing outcome for them to survive. Their right to ignore the virus will have an effect on them but sadly it will also have an effect on others who have to exist within their realm. I personally have cut off all association with republicans as is possible years ago and that act has now made it easy for me to exist in my world without them about it. Because it is the republican party that houses those who do not think the virus is worth taking serious.

No comments: