Friday, August 27, 2021

(#4591) Nearly 4 and a half million childhood infections of Covid-19 as of August 23rd.

      According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, childhood infections of Covid-19 are rising fast, https://www.aap.org/en/pages/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-infections/children-and-covid-19-state-level-data-report/. Yesterday, a trumper tried to tell me that childhood infections of Covid-19 were a myth because she watched some Youtube videos. All because I told her that Covid-19 is killing children. It all started when she said Governor Gavin Newsome should be recalled because he is requiring a mask mandate for children going back to school. When I told her that children were dying in the South from going to school and catching Covid-19 she scoffed at me, https://www.mississippifreepress.org/15204/mississippis-total-pediatric-covid-deaths-double-in-a-month-with-sixth-child-victim/.
     Well that is when I threw my hands up and turned around and left. She tried to say well good talking to you anyway but I just ignored her and left. I hope she felt the discomfort that I felt from listening to a person so totally clueless and proud of it. I don't often interact with trump covididiots but yesterday was an exception obviously. It won't happen again with her even though she lives on my block as I will not waste my time again once I find out that a person is not living in reality. I have treated family with the same standoffishness so a neighbor is no problem.
     All this to say that information is all around us to be learned yet some people have an inner desire to hate and disrespect beyond what knowledge offers. Those people have no room in my life nor should they. I am only alive for what is the last leg of my life so as an imperative, there will be no giving any of it to the willfully ignorant. I enjoy intelligence and people who display that are always welcome in my sphere of existence. As for this neighbor and all those who are like her and is voting to oust our governor because they are ignorant I can only shake my head and get more determined to tell everyone that voting NO on the recall election here in California is the only thing all of us should be doing above and beyond everything else!

No comments: