Sunday, February 11, 2024

(#5488) Getting on a plane this morning

      I am going back up north for a few days to spend time with a woman I have gotten to know pretty well. it seems that this older man has gotten lucky in the sense of meeting someone who is like minded and as happy as he always aspires to be. I know this week is Valentine's week and the implication is obvious but still time to get to know each other is upon us and luckily an opportunity to see how we get along further is about to begin in person, again. One thing I have figured out is that when an opportunity for a special change in life is available it would be foolish to let it pass without an effort to see what could be possible.
     I feel not unlike a young person again inside and that is quite remarkable since these kinds of feelings have long since passed me by. But apparently not completely. I have spent my entire life being alone so to speak and now we shall see if that will change for me. I do look forward to the possibility and am excited to see if I can be someone worthy of another's love. All things are possible when we stay in the now moment and let ourselves trust our intuitions and logic. Nothing in this world is perfect, so neither is any expectation I may have but I do know that if a bond is to be shared then the little things in life matter just as much as the big things.
     So getting on that plane this early morning is a first step toward that moment when I get to try to be a worthy man who has the same hope for this special woman. It is curious how life can be so ordinary one moment and then extraordinary the next. These last few months have been of the extraordinary variety and for that I am fortunate that I was ready for the happening to occur. The moments of our lives are what matter and finding some happiness should be the pursuit of all of us. Whether fighting to get freedom for people or fighting to find happiness for ourselves, the goal is the same, Never quit and always hope. Here is to a safe plane ride and a welcoming from a woman who I will be very happy to see.

No comments: