Thursday, February 29, 2024

(#5506) I was reminded again of why I write this daily blog

      Most of my life it has been me as my own sounding board. Which is fine because I try very hard to be objective about what it is I am trying to draw for logical conclusions. But be that as it may be I am not another perspective for myself to compare and contrast. I have someone in my life now that is interested enough in who I am to want to talk to me about the deeper meanings of what has grown and matured inside me. My behavior is one way of learning about who I am but there is another. It is in how I describe the important things I express passion about. Where my passion derives it's energy and perseverance. In other words what makes me tick like a clock.
     I was gifted with her reading back to me some of my very earliest blog posts and her reaction to them. Listening to her read my words back to me was an insight that I could not get by listening to myself read the very same words. Her inflections and pauses were beyond anything I had considered in how I wrote the words. For my ear, the way she read my words kindled in me the very essence of my intent in writing them. I am a very fortunate man at this time in my life because I had thought that a time for me to find a person in my life had probably passed me by. I did not give up but I am also not naive. Yet it seems that not giving up is a value that cannot have a enough of a benefit attached to it.
     The bottom line is that I write this blog because I have emotion and logic inside me that needs an outlet for expression. I am no genius nor have the biggest heart, but I do have a measure of both that might be of some value to some reader somewhere about a few subjects. Like the philosopher Rene Descartes concluded, "I think, therefore I am", which is something that has some purpose in life beyond just a place in time and space. Who I am inside me is who I am trying as hard as I can to be outside me. I want more than anything to reflect back the better and best of what it is that makes me part of the human race. I know my value within me is a positive thing and being courageous enough to live it and admit it is a destiny worthy of being strong and humbled enough to show.

No comments: