Tuesday, March 15, 2022

(#4790) How much longer do we have to watch Ukrainians die?

      It is the daily watching of brave Ukrainians dying that is taking its psychological toll on me and surely many others. I am not one who plays a long game when it comes to murder. I want to stop it yesterday. So it is difficult for me to not go crazy with anger at our nation's stance of allowing putin to kill without us stepping in and stopping it. Much like being on the street watching a punk kill randomly and me having the ability to stop him and not stopping him because of protocols. How do we measure protocols against human life? This is the dilemma we are facing now. I find it irrational and beneath human dignity!
     Yet I understand what the argument is concerning provoking a nuclear war would have in case putin gets super desperate. Well he may well get super desperate without us intervening in his murdering so balancing the prospect of irritating a murderer and stopping murder, I fall on the side of stopping a murderer. I understand the risks but in any grave situation there is always the chance of annihilation when the perpetrators involved have weapons of mass destruction. We cannot escape our fate here as people who have to live under a nuclear threat. We either eliminate the threat of a nuclear war and become less than human or we risk nuclear war and actually improve the human condition.
     For the most part it is fear that is driving our choice here and that is another thing that bothers me greatly. I do not decide my actions nor my fate upon fear. I decide my actions and fate upon boldness and courage. I will not be foolish in how I implement my choices but never doubt that they are based upon courage. That putin is using our fears of a devastating nuclear war to maintain his murderous march is evident and if it were up to me I would face him down with a fuck you and stop him in his tracks. He is a bully who is using all his tricks to keep bullying and what I would do is take all his tricks away. But that is just me so in the meantime I am frustratingly unsettled at all the death he is currently causing.

No comments: