Saturday, April 30, 2022

(#4836) Spending time getting things done around the house

      It has been weird for me the last several days as I have been focused on getting some projects done around the house. This old house, 71 years old, is in need of many repairs and upgrades. So over the last 10 years I have been slowly but surely, with money availability, cleaning up and restoring basic needs here. The yard is pretty much done except for some chain link fencing I need to put up to replace some old style metal wire fencing around my hedges. It would be nice to get some more dirt to slope the hill on the side of my property a little bit more so as the riding lawn mower can access it without me falling off the mower.
     But other than some beautification measures the yard is mostly complete. The garage I rebuilt about 5 years ago and is still looking marvelous. So the patio out back needs a lot of care and the carport out front is about to be finished. I have put in 5 6x6 posts and am going to put the final 6x6 post in today. Then I can prep for primer and paint out front to complete the paint job I started last year. I have been waiting for the weather to warm up and to have some funds to buy the now very expensive 6x6 posts. So in the next couple of days the front carport will be primed and painted. The timing on this is perfect as I have a roofer coming in at the end of next week to tear off the old material on my flat roof and recover it with some modern material.
     I had hoped to have enough money to put a pitched roof on my house but the cost right now is too exorbitant. The inside of the house will likely get needed flooring as I am running out of funds for awhile so no remodel on my bathroom to make it more old timer friendly. Oh well, I guess I will just have to stay young and not do anything stupid for awhile. Good luck to me with that. lol. Anyway, lots of action around here to keep my mind occupied but the situation in Ukraine will not leave my thoughts so I will try to keep up with current events there and hopefully witness soon the end of putin and his criminal murderous invasion.

No comments: