Monday, June 13, 2022

(#4880) Many years ago I quit being associated with republicans

      It seems like forever now since I have allowed myself even the inkling of thought about those I have vanquished from my life. I actually didn't vanquish them they chose to make it happen. By keeping their association with the republican party, the most despicable political party since the secessionist days of the Civil War. I will not tolerate otherwise normal and caring people who are now hypnotized by the lies and depravity of republican politics. I have only one way of dealing with them, since they refuse to discuss through logic and common sense, and that is to banish them from any part of my life.
     My principled stand is not easy either since it splits my siblings and I pretty much evenly. I am not the only member of a family that has had to face this dilemma. But I refuse to associate with anyone who will not be objective about politics. One family member, a married in cousin who often speaks for my cousin said that her family has always voted for republicans and she isn't going to change from that. So her excuse is because her family in the past always voted a certain way that she should do the same. Not taking into account where the party stands and it's current state of affairs is besides the point with her, she just will not vote differently despite her life choices and the positive differences democrats have made in her life. So butting heads with a cognitive dissociative is not my thing so it was later dudes!
     My life was no different for the most part than anyone else's life when it came to gatherings of family for holidays and vacations. Yet several decades ago I found that I could not handle the ineptitude of too many of my family members and the better course for me was to eliminate them from my life. It has worked well for me and although I don't know if they miss me or not but I know one thing for sure, they don't have me around them anymore. Those who do have me around are the ones who appreciate the hard and tireless work of democrats to improve lives any way we can. The filthy republican party keeps making things harder and harder but we democrats still keep on fighting for positive change.

No comments: