Wednesday, June 29, 2022

(#4896) A very long simmering hot summer ahead

      It is now almost July and for that I am glad because it means June is almost behind us. Both May and June here in Sacramento have nearly always been hot. Now we come to July/August which is hotter than the two previous months. So as the beginning of the stay out of the sun days approach, of course I am older and not young and ready for summer, I will have not only an environmental factor of heat to deal with but a political one as well. The 6 injustices on the not supreme court have made women lesser beings than men. Which pisses me off because that is wrong on two important levels. First individually women are as viable as men so there should be no lesser status piled upon them. Secondly, our democracy demands equality and the ending of Roe is the antithesis of equality.
     What to do? There are ways to alleviate the effects of this unjust ruling but will we be able to gather them all up and institute them? Will our national democratic leaders force the solutions such as they may be into reality? I am not seeing an urgency with our national democratic leaders. They seem to think that the midterm elections will provide the solutions but in the meantime too many women will see their options to control their own body disappear. I am of the opinion that doing little for now is not the best strategy. Because I am a realist and as such define my life by not being subject to wrongs when I can fight them. I don't necessarily take political calculations into my thinking when compromise is just less wrong.
     So as the summer plays out and the unjust 6 on the not supreme court get to dictate the demolishing of our democracy I will be seething with little recourse outside of trying to stay cool. It is my expectation that continued pressure on our national democratic leaders will get them to commit to more aggressive measures that disregard the "feelings" of the guilty republicans who caused all of this frustration and diminution of women's rights. There has to come a time when we the democratic party just put on our boots and kick every republican out of office without any concern for their "feelings". They don't care a whit about our feelings so let us give them the same measure of disrespect that they have buckets loads for us.

No comments: