Monday, August 22, 2022

(#4950) The republican party is who we should never be!

      What do the republicans stand for? Racism, misogyny, selfishness, lawlessness, and the desire to end democracy that instills equality, fairness, and justice. I know I left some things out but in a general sense any of these republican party platforms should be enough for a respectable decent human being to dismiss republican candidates from holding public office. That we have so many nefarious reasons to dismiss them is beyond any comprehension of overlooking to their favor! It used to be that republicans had a least a minimal resect for those who are in the working middle poor class but nothing like that exists in their party today.
     Which surprises me no little amount when I see polling that has them competitive with democrats in too many national races. To me instead of running for office they should be running to get out of the country before the law catches up with them. Yet here we are in a world where the non informed is such a vast portion of out voting electorate that republicans are still in the hunt to lead our government. To say that I am embarrassed by this is an understatement. Why am I embarrassed by the raw ignorance and lack of accountability being displayed by my fellow countrymen? Because I am an American who takes some pride in our history.
     So what am I to do? I can keep advocating for the truth of things and explain as best I can why the truth of things is the only way to live our lives. I can show by example the correctness of living by the law as well as possible to show that the rule of law is a fine and mighty equalizer in a society that has so many different moving parts. I can never stop fighting for courage when cowardice is easy and acceptable to too many. I can believe that when reality does force our attention that it will unite us as the best of what humanity can become. I will just never quit believing in us despite too much evidence to the contrary.

No comments: