Thursday, June 22, 2023

(#5254) A day in the life...

      Okay so I just wrote a blog post about my upcoming day and it just disappeared as if it was never written. Some days are funky and this one is starting out to be one of those. It isn't easy writing about a subject and then for it to disappear and not be able to retrieve it so here goes my second attempt to express what I thought was okay the first time around. I am going to work on my brother john's pickup truck this morning. His outside door handle on the drivers side has come loose from the opening mechanism inside the door frame. So I will be taking the inside door panel off so I can assess what the problem is. I called the local auto parts store and they have his handle in stock so that at least was a good start.
     Also today John's social services case worker is coming over to assess John's needs going forward. We have been using a care worker for the last 3 weeks and as yet she hasn't been paid. But she knew that coming into this and after this visit she should be hooked up into the system so that she can submit her hours for pay. She works hard and is consistent in being here in an almost constantly needed way. After the case worker arrives we hope she will most certainly assign John near to 24/7 care hours so an additional care worker will need to be found. John is doing okay but he is still mostly bedridden, albeit we have begun transporting him to the toilet and back from his bed using his new wheelchair that is thinner and his walker. The trip is only about 12 feet but for John it is a major accomplishment.
     Finally today sometime a memorial service will be held up in Washington state for my parents who both passed away within about 6 months of each other. They are both in the form of ashes and will be laid to rest together at a gravesite. Both Dad and Mom have many extended family up in Washington and they will get a chance to say goodbye to them for the final time. Dad and Mom lived down here in my area of Sacramento, California so I had the chance to spend time with them before they passed and that is what I will remember. I don't like funerals and won't be going but others do so I will be quiet mostly and respect their form of coping and closure.

No comments: