Wednesday, October 9, 2024

(#5729) There is no time for myth and superstition except on Halloween

      I am an enlightened soul. It doesn't mean I am full of knowledge it just means that I know information is logical and aligned with common sense as a value above any myth or superstition. I do not allow myself the safety and comfort of belief systems either. They are well and good for those who need them but my world is the natural real one not some hoped for one after I am no more. I do not use faith as a tool for understanding, instead I use theories, facts and reasoning to analyze my approach in life. How I conclude is based upon factors that I can assimilate within the context of existence.
     My approach is not unique nor is it the most dominant. There are many who use their belief systems to guide them along in life without much adherence to logic and reality. It is almost/or is the fact that reality is not a priority in their calculations. They see the world through their belief and nothing much is ever going to change their view. I won't attribute what I think is their motivation on this posting but I know within me, to be devoid of belief systems, requires me to face reality for whatever it shows itself to be. I am not shy about living in this existence. As long as I am alive I will step into life with a curiosity that demands my behavior to be bold.
     The only safe harbor I have is my will to live with the strengths of my principles and the honor they represent. I know that life for all of us human beings is short and marked by the aging process. As long as I am alive I will continue to learn and acquire knowledge regardless if it benefits me directly. I am comfortable with how I have lived and being myself. There are few actual regrets. We all have wishes and dreams we would like to achieve and experience but setting a goal is not guaranteeing it. I feel privileged that I am able to comprehend that life has been a gift and no amount of me trying to make it into something that is more myth or superstition will change the inevitable that I expect will happen for me.
     

No comments: