Thursday, October 17, 2024

(#5737) 19 days left of this building optimism tempered with some anxiety

      Truly this election has been difficult to compartmentalize. It is front and center in every aspect of our lives. So dealing with it has found me doing some things that lift my spirit when I start to feel a bit apprehensive about the outcome of it. With 19 days left it is finally going to be coming to an end but more importantly the outcome is the priority. If I knew we were going to prevail I would bask in this time and at times I feel that way. Then the other shoe drops I don't feel so confidant and the nerves start to heighten. In both scenarios I still know that each has its basis in reality so keeping them in perspective is the key to my mental and emotional health.
     I do like the position we democrats have with 19 days to go. Our candidate is fierce and intelligent while theirs is a muddled mess of incongruency. Regardless though there are too many who would vote for him no matter what he said or did. Which makes this election so uncommon. Normally the candidate with the clearest logic on the subjects that matter the most to us has a good edge in the voting. But not with the cult of trump and his republican followers. They are unfazed by reality and instead are enamored with the personality of biases and prejudices they allow into their own lives.
     I am older now and as such must deal with situations and circumstances with less vigor and hubris. Instead I find my emotional center line and straddle that line for the sake of sanity. I know which side I am on but to keep a balance I must not get too excited nor overwrought over the dynamics of this election. I see the wisdom in keeping a straight face when confronted with ridiculousness for the most part. When I am unable to hide my rage or hope I quickly recover to again understand that in 19 days this will come to an end and that end is as I see it right now filled with joy over a Kamala Harris presidency. Feeling good and a bit anxious is doable and that is where I am at right now.

No comments: