Friday, April 12, 2024

(#5549) I don't just live to exist

      This blog has always been about how I see the two main instincts within human beings. For me they are naturally compassion and curiosity, or more commonly care and wonder. Yet there was always a third that I couldn't easily fit into either of those categories. That being the survival instinct. However I may be unable to interpret its placement, it is still real and vital to our species. Leaving how I should categorize it for now, I will say that it is a start but not an end. I do need to survive and that is essential to my life but it is not all that I need for my particular life.
     Surviving or in this case existing is the foundation for me but from there is where I begin to live my life. In one way when I was younger I was much more bold in how I gambled with my own life. I was fearless at times and put myself into situations beyond the safety of caution. In that regard I was less than intellectual about my survival but nonetheless there was the hubris of my youth at play. What I also have done is defy the safety of ordered thinking so that I could create outside the box of ordinary imagination. I have done so because I understood early on that we all must add to the knowledge bank we humans have been building over our entire generations of existence.
     We are not born into this existence with knowledge that is complete nor even mostly accurate. We find that life is an evolutionary process beginning with our own maturity from child to adult to old age. Everywhere around us are examples of evolved ideas, good and not so good, that have been formed into paradigms that we utilize to our benefit. As we all evolve into our futures the creative and innovative will remain constant and being able to adapt, to the better and best we continue to imagine, is the hallmark of a society of humans, not just me, that places itself above just existing.

No comments: