Friday, April 19, 2024

(#5556) Ukraine aid still moving forward in the House

      I cannot reiterate this enough. The importance of this aid finally getting past the House is beyond my words to describe. That the aid is moving forward toward a vote in the House tomorrow afternoon is remarkable considering how the aid was being successfully blocked by pro trump/putin forces. It seems the new republican speaker has found his courage and will not be deterred in his plan to help Ukraine despite the trump anger at him for doing so. I cannot impress upon my readers the troublesomeness of trump being pro tyrant putin and therefore anti democratic. How this worthless con man has been able to sucker in his cult is beyond my ability to comprehend.
     Regardless of the obstacles the fact the aid is being forwarded in much the same shape as the Senate version is comforting to me. I personally, as well as many others, have been waiting for this period of time to begin. Where the House under a bare majority has been controlled by republicans to thwart anything democrats want to do for our allies. It seems that gamesmanship has been extended to denying democracy to our allies in order to score some political points somehow. As I consider the tradeoff for the stalling of the aid that should have been passed into law last December, I cannot fathom a good reason. The only reason I can fathom is a bad one. Where trump is in cahoots with putin the tyrant to annex Ukraine into the Russian sphere instead of allowing it to remain a sovereign democracy.
     I cannot doubt much that my opinion is in fact the most likely truth. That trump is all about getting putin what he wants despite what it does to democracy. A debt trump owes to putin that trump knows must be paid. Yet the speaker of the House is not allowing any further delay to the aid going to Ukraine. So watch trump as this aid is finally voted on and sent back to the Senate for it's immediate vote and passage and then President Biden signing the bill into law immediately after that. What trump does will show just how much my opinion is truth or just coincidental. I will stand by my conviction that given all the rhetoric of trump in the past about how he wouldn't help Ukraine and that putin should be allowed to fold Ukraine into Russian territory, that trump is against the manifest destiny of democracy being our world political reality.

No comments: