Monday, April 29, 2024

(#5566) Heading back up to the Seattle area

      We are ending our trip this morning back to my old hometown of Sacramento. I had recently moved from Sacramento up to the Seattle region to begin a new life with a special lady. However, there were things back here in Sacramento that needed my attention. My previous home where I had lived the past twelve years was now in the hands of a good friend who is making a life for herself there. Yet the nuances of the older home are still in flux so me being there to help for a day with the transition proved to be very helpful. After having been gone from there for over a month now I can see the changes and what was once my comfort has now become another's.
     So that part of the trip has been successful and another part remained to be addressed. As some of you know my brother John had a couple of strokes last year and unfortunately has ended up in a hospice care facility. For those who do not know the distinction, hospice is the term for terminal patients. John may be terminal but his will is not so he keeps fighting to keep his mind and soul alive. His body is withering but not his spirit to exist. So spending both days this weekend visiting him has been both an encouragement for him and a heart warming yet saddened experience for me. John is my older brother and his friendship and care for me has been throughout my lifetime.
     My fiance and I were also able to meet with my nephew, his wife, and two of their children for a dinner out last night. We all had a good evening together as my newly intended got to meet my soon to be best man for our upcoming wedding. My nephew has been a real bright spot in my life and having him stand up for me as my best man warms my soul. All together it has been a well needed visit/ My brother John is still in decline but being able to converse a bit and spend time with him makes me feel less alone in the world. I have a new companion now in my life and getting us back up to our home there is our next step as we leave the special town of Sacramento.

No comments: