Thursday, September 27, 2018

Last hot day of the year (#3527)

     Today it is to be 95 degrees here in Sacramento, California. Which by all the weather forecasts I check is the last day for our temperature to be in the 90's. Ordinarily this is no big deal but we are back into the drought protocol again and the heat has been relentless here. So the break tomorrow down into the the mid 80's and then on after that into the 70's is very much welcome. Not only that but by early next week we should be getting some rain. Rain, what I would give for a few days of relentless rain. Anyway, it is exciting for me anticipating the coming cooling trend as we head further into Autumn and the probable rain is just icing on the cake.
     My life is very simple now, doing my chores and making my world around me just a little bit better one day at a time. So the heat we have been enduring is waning as the we move on toward Winter. Which to me is now the most loved season of the year. My home is an old one not fitted with all the modern conveniences that new homes have so living in the technology of the 1950's is a challenge. But I make due and as such am constantly trying to find ways to make life more bearable here. the onset of cooler days will be a relief and preparing to make sure the flat roof has no pending leaks coming if we ever get any sustained rain is now my priority. I have already done some work on the roof this past week and so I should be fine for this coming rain.
     It is nice to be in the last day of heat and all my cooling appliances will be in full force today regardless of the electricity they consume. It is like a celebration this last hot day of the year and a tribute to my enduring life here in my hometown. Most of you know me as a politics junkie who makes his feelings and thoughts known for all the universe to know but on this level of where and how I live I am less forthcoming. My private life is mine and the only thing I can control with some certainty. But occasionally I do let the world in and celebrate the seasons as they are occurring especially when they begin to break the cycle of drought and its constant uncomfortableness. Bring on the heat today because it should be the last hot day of the year. :)

No comments: