Tuesday, November 3, 2020

0 days left until the election (#4294)

      It is as if I have been waiting my whole life for this one very critical day. Nothing that has happened in my past has the significance of what this day is about to achieve for me. It is like I have been holding my breath for 4 years and now I am about to let it out and gasp a fresh new breath to breathe. I know I wasn't alone in this warped time moment so to those of us who are of the same, good luck to us all today. I am confident that we will be alleviated from the stench that is trump and move toward a new beginning with the wind at our backs and the sun shining down upon us. What we have been through should never happen again and hopefully our species will never forget the shame of it all.
     I can vividly remember sitting here at my computer 4 years ago, watching the returns coming in and saying to myself what the fuck is going on! I could not for the life of me understand how we could have been so duped by this obvious huckster who could not have been a worse candidate for our nation. Yet the feeling I finally had to let filter over me as a default position was one of well maybe he won't be as bad as I know he is. It didn't take long for me to learn that my wishful thinking was of no avail. He went straight to his worst for us and has not relented since. That he didn't blow us all up is a silver lining in all of this but the heartache, suffering, and death he has caused has been soul crushing.
     But we are now just a few short hours away from the avalanche of voting that will go forth all day long. There are 0 days left to wait for our national election because today it has arrived. I am up here at just after 2am because I cannot sleep with the importance of what is about to happen. I don't want to miss a second of it. I voted very early on so my part in this individually is complete yet I can still encourage others to do their part before this day is over. We as a nation need to make a statement today as well as with the 100 million or so early voters who have already added our voices to our democracy. Today is going to be a day for the ages and I can say I was part of it and the change it will bring. :)

No comments: