Monday, November 23, 2020

43 days left until the Georgia US Senate runoffs (#4314)

      I have a friend named Alisha who is heavily saddened by the trump disdain for the death he is causing due to Covid-19. She brought up an important point yesterday in that the toll this period in time is taking on not only the dying but those of us who feel helpless to stop it and is overwhelming us. My emotions are raw and my temper is at an all time high. If possible I would do something to stop it but I am no one able to try anything from where I sit. Short of doing all we can to prevent contracting the Covid-19, there is nothing to be done but wait it out and then set in motion our response to ending this pandemic when that time comes.
     The trumps are on a mission to delay and deny the Biden victory so we cannot plausibly start a protocol early before the inauguration. With how things are going it may well be later than the inauguration that we are able to begin steps to defend against the virus. The trumps are responsible for any delay and should, in a just universe, be held to account for their life debasing actions. Alisha was telling me that her sorrow over this was just getting to much for her and all I could do was tell her that I was here online for her so that at least we could share our commiserations. All of us who have an ounce of sympathy and compassion for those who are most affected by this pandemic are being emotionally crippled by the lack of empathy and supportive action from the trump cabal.
     There are 43 days left until the Georgia US Senate runoff elections so that should be our focus during this time. Keep our heads focused on winning those elections so that on day one the Biden administration can produce the needed solutions to our most vexing and grave problems. I am bone weary at this point after fighting the long battle to oust trump and his minions so there is little left in my tank as to energy and acute awareness but what is left needs to be drawn from to the very last molecule. Alisha and I will eventually be okay like many others who are in the same way. We will get through this but the humanity we all should have in our lives has taken a toll, while too many of us have paid too dearly with grave results.

No comments: