Wednesday, November 4, 2020

The day after (#4295)

      I have no enthusiasm for posting today which is why I need to post today. Yesterday was not a good day for me nor too many of us. We had some hope that was surely tamped down last night however by this morning it had risen back up. I don't want to talk about numbers or strategies but instead just about how I perceive our nation on whole as of yesterday. We have real problems that are not being understood. I heard a talking head talk about how we don't listen to each other thus the angst we have toward each other. His comment struck me in a way that I find profound. 
     I was thinking that the rural vote seems to always go against we democrats. The reason is I believe that we are not hearing the rural community about what is going on in their lives. So the solution seems simple to me. We democrats need to design a commission that listens to rural voters about what help they need to make their lives better. A national rural policy that we democrats can fit together like a jigsaw puzzle that can cover the needs of the many differing rural communities without being negative. Our rural community needs things that only they can communicate because they are the ones living their lives. A rural community policy commission.
     We may not be able to do a perfect fit for all but we can at least try to work as hard as we can to give the best effort possible. The idea of an urban committee and a metropolitan committee would be wise to create along with a rural community committee. We can make life easier for all our citizens but we must pave an avenue to address it. We have to listen to each other in order to bring ourselves into knowing how we can interact in a way that is positive and full of growth. We can do this but we democrats must do better in finding policies that move our society forward without leaving any of our citizens behind. A lesson learned can be good when the best of what we can be is the reward.

No comments: