Saturday, July 3, 2021

(#4536) Never let past mistakes stop you from doing what is correct today

      I have been there where I thought about doing the correct thing and then remembered that my past often was filled with incorrect things and then let that dissuade me from doing what was correct then. It is like my own mind wouldn't let me escape the never ending circle of not doing what I know is correct. But I also learned that my own mind isn't the end all for things and that I wanted better for myself despite my own worst efforts to sabotage myself. I am not even talking about other external forces that were trying to keep me from doing what was correct.
     I had to get past myself before I could even worry about getting past the other external pressures. But I did because I knew deep down that doing what was correct was far more a satisfying outcome than the miserable defeat of not doing what was correct. I just kept thinking about what I remembered as a child and how I wanted to be Superman like George Reeves and always be the kind of guy who helped others instead of just helping myself. That little bit of remembering helped me to break that incessant circle of not doing, to doing the correct thing.
     Nowadays I am like on automatic pilot. When I see or hear of a wrong I want to help put it to a correctness. My life is centered on that Superman philosophy of doing more than denying what is correct. I may not do much in my life to help correct the injustices and blatant harms that come about every day but you won't find me on the sidelines not caring, nor will you find me helping to create injustice or harm. I am now officially one of the good guys and that is a wonderful feeling for me. I am being like that little innocent child who wanted to grow up to be like Superman.

No comments: