Tuesday, July 6, 2021

(#4539) Are Americans ready to give up on democracy?

      Well, are we? It seems that lately all I am doing is spending a lot of time telling people our democracy has been and is under threat and there seems to be little response about that threat. As if it isn't a big deal whether it is or not. Are the people of our country so disassociated with our form of government that they could care less one way or the other? Are they buying into the authoritarian form of government as better for them than the freedom that democracy provides? My first guess was no because who in their right mind would give up power so that they could be subjugated?
     It seems that the undertone of racism is so prevailing that the white race is willing to deny democracy so that the colored races cannot participate equally. The white race must conclude that a white leader in an authoritarian position will settle life much better on them while excluding people of color from advantages and privileges. To them, giving up democracy is more necessity than keeping it. At least that is how I am concluding what is going on in America. To my utter disgust! So the idea that a bipartisan concept with the republican party is nothing more than a fools errand considering that the leading republicans are pushing to end our democratic policies and processes.
     That I am writing about this subject has been a journey to get here. I sat here this morning thinking about what I was going to write and this narrative kept popping into my head. That the republican party will only hold power if they are able to destroy democracy and replace it with a white authoritarian regime. It is the logical concluding of the many premises that have been exposed. So again I ask are Americans ready to give up on democracy? I know this white man is not because all life is of value with none more than any other. That is democratic and I ask you all out there, are you with me?

No comments: