Thursday, July 29, 2021

(#4562) Physically not feeling good today

      A bit under the weather it is for me so I will try not to tax my mind with anything to comprehensive. Yesterday to my surprise the senate was able to pass the bipartisan bill past the filibuster and now can get to work amending and getting it to final passage in the senate. Not all is well though as we have some more work to do. The reconciliation package in the senate that is with only democratic votes can now begin in earnest as both the bipartisan and the partisan bills will get a full hearing. Which is very important time wise as there are other policy goals to address other than infrastructure.
     A voting rights protection bill is needed badly if we are to remain a democracy that allows it's eligible citizens to vote. If we don't pass voting protection bills then most all the other legislation we want to accomplish becomes pretty much moot. I do believe that eventually we will get to voting protection bills that will keep our democracy strong but until we do I will be sweating bullets. The George Floyd gun violence bill needs attention as well otherwise that whole year of protests and marches will have gone for naught. The police cannot continue to have qualified immunity that continues to protect them from dishonorable acts.
     There is also immigration reform that is needed. So many things have been kicked down the road because republicans do not want to see solutions that work for the majority of the American people. They would rather see solutions that work for big business and the wealthy. I just wish that in my lifetime we Americans would hold republicans accountable and destroy there belief that they are the masters of the people instead of servants of the people. Maybe before I die I will get a glimpse of what is is like to see an electorate that has had enough of being told what to do. Fingers crossed.

No comments: