Friday, February 3, 2023

(#5115) The fundamentals of math and language are essential to living a self controlled life

      I use my math skills every day. As well my language skills. I can figure and communicate the varying problems that arise in my life. I have tried to think about how math and language have evolved in my life, especially language. I say that because of this daily blogging I do. When I do the daily blogging, it is the key to my evolvement. Fresh in the early morning when my mind has just begun to begin again after a sleep period. I have always had an imagination that basically has no boundaries so delving into words to describe my dreams and thoughts comes naturally to me. I suppose my thirst for knowledge has a lot to do with it but even so my mind is a fertile field ready to grow new ideas and concepts.
     Not the same with my math skills. I learned the hard cold facts of math when I was very young. I took pride in being able to remember how to do basic math and remembering solutions to simple calculations. As I got older and learned more about algebra and geometry I learned that applying those formulas to carpentry and other laborious endeavors I became more precise in my work product. Being able to think somewhat like a computer is important when shaping a life path of purpose and attraction. My mind is the stable where all the horses are and when it is time I let those horses out to run. Being alive is really an amazing experience but only because I can form and calculate ways to express.
     There are many other fundamental building blocks to a satisfied life but for me having the desire to being at least minimally proficient at numbers and letters has elevated my worth to myself and hopefully to those around me. I am no braggadocio outwardly about my spirit to learn but to myself I am proud that I try to master the things in my life that effect how I communicate. I want to be the master of my life and the only way I could see to do that was for me to understand the basics of math and language. All our children need to experience the delight and joy of the lightbulb moment when a confusing concept suddenly becomes crystal clear. That is what learning math and language did for me.

No comments: