Thursday, February 23, 2023

(#5135) Getting some rain today

      Over the last several years we here in Sacramento California have had very little rain during the winters. So very little that this year looks like a deluge comparatively. So today when the rain hits later in the day I will be especially pleased to go outside and let some of it soak into me. It is cold out still this being February and all but still I want to pay tribute to the rain by enjoying it. It won't be long before the sun dominates our climate here and temperatures hover in the 100 degree range. So this time especially since it is not as common as before I am going to bask in the rain for however long it lasts. We are still in a drought condition here but each time it rains with some force we move a little further away from the perpetually dry conditions.
     I lived up north in Seattle and Fairbanks for 20 years so I am well accustomed to rainy and snowy weather. Being a born and mostly raised Sacramentan I am well aware of our hot climate. When I was younger I loved the hot because it allowed me to go out into the area to our watering holes for fun and refreshment. But now that I am older the hot is not my favorite anymore. The rain is my favorite and the snow is there as well. Given a choice of living in the hot or rainy I know would I choose the rainy. If I could relocate to the Seattle area I would but circumstances around my property keep me here for the time being. Once things have evolved here though I will likely look to relocate.
     In the meantime however when the rain hits this afternoon I will be extra happy for it to splash down here where it is needed. For me it is not only needed but appreciated. I can sit and just watch as it washes down through the air to hit the ground. Entertainment of sorts for me anyway. I am not easily entertained by simplicity but when it comes to rain I am all in. I used to think that climate change would make rain here nearly impossible anymore but with this wet rainy season upon us I am heartened that climate change has not destroyed our weather patterns completely. With a green energy plan being implemented maybe we might just escape the intentionally delinquent stewardship of our planet.

No comments: