Friday, February 17, 2023

(#5129) Relationship advice: Only like minded need apply

      I am no relationship guru so there are a few disclaimers here. First each of us is different in many varied ways so the advice I may want to give may not be correct for you. Second I have never been married nor in a long term relationship in my life. But putting those two paradigms aside, what I have learned is that in the few relationships I did have albeit no more than 2 years for any of them, the key to lasting that long was our shared like mindedness. By that I mean we were of the same heart on politics. We were allies in the fight to change injustice to justice and treated everyone fairly regardless of race or gender.
     Even that wasn't enough to keep me with the few women who were in my life but it was needed for us to even begin. I do take full responsibility for my part in the failure of all the relationships I have had over the years but at least the relationships didn't end because we fought over whether we should be allies in the political arena. As I see it if you are supportive of republican concepts that are currently being displayed then you are not even an option for me to be a partner. Because hurting people with policies is not attractive nor endearing. Especially when the current republican party is for insurrection and hatred of those who are not them.
     The current republican party just displayed an insurrection on our American capitol. They are currently taking away women's hard fought rights. They are trying to stop Americans of color from voting. They are working to end the only lifeline seniors have to support themselves by gutting Social Security and taking away health care by ending Medicare and Medicaid. The republican party supporters would never have a shot of being in a relationship with me. Now let me be clear, many would not want to anyway. But from my perspective none would ever have a chance when the decision is mine. I would like to find a partner in this world but be assured, it will never be one who isn't likeminded.

No comments: