Tuesday, February 14, 2023

(#5126) We human beings can remember with pictures in our minds

      One of the most fascinating features of being a human being is being able to recall memories that are etched inside our minds with such visual clarity. There is nothing about time and space that equals that. It is a unique quality we existential beings have. Other life forms on our planet surely have memories and recall but I cannot for the life of me equate them to our ability. We can sit back in a chair or lounge and remember the happenings from long ago or from just a few minutes ago. My minds eye can see just how I observed any time and even imagine how I looked when I lived it. It is amazing what our minds can do with our memories and other imaginings.
     There are some thoughts that are memorable and some that are not. As to memorable, I can think of a girl I used to know and how knock out gorgeous she was more than 50 years ago and then see her now and still see her for the first time as a 7th grader. The juxtaposition is complex but still doable. That is the brilliance of our memories. They can be uploaded to fit into our evolving timeline. Life is really something else and living in a life that has so many possibilities for existence is even more special. I do not take any of it for granted. I just live and do not allow myself to be compartmentalized into any restricted paradigm. All things are possible, even the impossible.
     For today though I am full of reflections. I have many years to reflect upon to choose from and many memories to reconsider from all my adventures. Today is a good day for that and hopefully many more years to come are in my future. I have not lived a conventional life. I have never been married although I might well have been a couple of times if not for circumstances that interfered. I have no children for whatever reason I am not aware of but not from a lack of opportunity. I am just now settled down into a home the latter part of my life but only because age has dictated that. Otherwise moving from one place to another is still an attraction I feel. Indeed, today is a good day to reflect. :)

No comments: