Monday, March 6, 2023

(#5146) New adventure today

      I am going to go see about acquiring a part time job today. Necessity requires it. The prices of things have made my little budget untenable. So now I get to go see how I can supplement it with a part time job. I am nearer to 68 than when I became 67 so the part time job cannot be so strenuous as to cause me undue medical distress. So fortune has favored me with an opportunity to sit on my butt and drive from point A to point B. Moving vehicles around to different locations as needs require. A nephew of mine is looking for someone like me to fulfill this position since he is in position to do some hiring.
     So off I go to orientation this morning. I know things have changed as to working requirements within the last decade but I am confident that I will fit right in with this new position. I can still drive very well and I am conscientious about completing work duties. I don't necessarily like to drive but given there are fewer positions available to people my age coming back into the workforce I will do what needs to be done. It will give me a chance to learn the newer vehicle operations since my vehicle is still a 2002 model. I spent the majority of my work career as a new and refurbishing construction orientated person so outside of working in some pencil pushing construction staffing, or supervisory job, my options are limited.
     As to how I feel about this I am okay with it. I need some extra income and the part time nature of the position leaves me with options down the road. I may try later to move to full time or not. But this much I know, I cannot go back to production work that demands physical stresses that my body will not let me do. The spirit is willing but the body is less able to cope. I know my limitations so today I will see how this might work out. As an optimist I am ready to tackle it and as a realist I know that the tackling of it must be within the bounds of my medical needs. Between the 2 expectations I am currently operating under It would seem to me to be likely I am back in the workforce, albeit part time.

No comments: