Friday, March 17, 2023

(#5157) We are not an experiment, we are an evolved species!

      Evolution. What does it actually mean? "the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth."-Oxford Dictionary. I look at our species this way. There are many other species' on our planet that have adapted to living an ongoing existence through time. We are no different. I can't say what our earlier forms were before our recorded history but suffice it to say we were genetically similar. Since given the properties of evolution our growth into our current being has stemmed from a contiguous simpler genetic code. Time and environment have helped to shape us into a more Earthly friendly species.
     Logic dictates to me that there was no magic wand that poofed our forms out of the ether. Chemical properties of our Universe are a better, more scientific basis for understanding how we became this complexity of molecules that have "evolved" into rational beings. We have had roughly 4.6 billion years of Earthly existence to mature into who we are now. I don't hold to belief systems as a rule as to me it is a simple mans way of dealing with reality. Sure belief systems can be honestly adhered to make a life out of but I am a progressive thinker not one to give up thinking for myself. Reality is our foundation and from what we can glean from it is what I believe, not what is irreality.
     I know in my bones that I am capable of so much more yet my life is too short to be able to achieve. Our species is constantly adapting even if in small ways but over long time periods those changes are profound. If I could glimpse the future like I can study the past I would see the timeline of human evolvement and it would be logically understood. Because all we have is our understanding of knowledge. There is no other formula that incorporates our existence into space and time. Logic and science are our building blocks from which to create and grow. We reason, we analyze, and then we conclude. This formula is how we master our surroundings and advance our own physical properties.

No comments: