Tuesday, March 14, 2023

(#5154) Thankful I can have a relaxing day today, unlike Ukrainians!

      Today is a day off for me from my part time job as a transfer driver for UHaul. I am a 67 year old man who is not in the best of health so after a full day of work I feel it. I work 3 days a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. So with this being Tuesday I am sitting here at my home desk writing this blog with some humility. Unlike with the Ukrainian people who are in the fight of their lives everyday for the past 13 months or so. I will get up and cook a big breakfast for those in my house so we can have a nice meal and watch the heavy rain come down.
     My muscles are sore because it isn't just driving that I must do during my workday it is moving trailers around and hitching and unhitching some of these big trailers to the trucks I am simultaneously moving. So a trailer on the back of a moving van keeps me busy not only physically but mentally. But even that work is nothing in comparison to the angst and physical nature of defending oneself from imminent danger. Which is why each day I am calling for the removal of putin and his acolytes in the kremlin so an honest man like Alexei Navalny can take over the leadership of Russia and guide it back into the civilized community of nations.
     Each and every day the Ukrainian people must wake to the realization that they have no day off to relax and enjoy the subtle nature of everyday surroundings. There is no mindless sunbathing or outdoor sports to play. They are in an intense situation where any rest is considered crucial to staying alive. I am not that rare a human being who believes no one person like putin should be allowed to scare and murder people to satisfy an ego driven mania. So today from thousands of miles away from Ukraine I am allowed to rehabilitate my body today in preparation for another workday tomorrow. Unlike Ukrainians who are in a non stop frenzy to save their own lives and the lives of their children.

No comments: