Wednesday, March 8, 2023

(#5148) My first day back at work

      No matter the tasks I needed to perform the energy was there to tackle them. Then I got home and began to feel how much using that energy sapped me of my strength. A nearly full day of work did a good number on me. But after a good night of sleep I am ready to go at it again. Learning so many different tasks and forgetting most of them is where I am at. But after one day I didn't do any harm and actually got some things accomplished so there is that. :) However today there will be more expected of me and surely I will end up with a mixed bag of successes. I won't fail but I won't be quick to accomplish either on several tasks.
     But that is to be expected from a new hire and as long as I keep improving things will be fine and much easier for me going forward. Getting through this first week and gaining some knowledge as to how things are done is my highest priority. It will take me more than a few weeks to get most of the tasks down but I know I will be fine. This isn't rocket science, but it isn't mindless either. There are procedures at about every turn and those procedures are the learning curve for me. Everything besides the driving seems to be of an automated nature so keeping up with technology is going to be my greatest hurdle. Yet I am up enough to get a good start so now it is just applying the technology to all the tasks I attempt.
     I am only going to try to do 20 hours a week for the near future and see how it affects my body and mind. The work is mentally tiring after the first day but I think that has to do with learning new ways of keeping track of inventory. Once it becomes more second nature the stress of my mind will taper off and I can start to enjoy the work with a bit of confidence. I am not there yet but the sooner I do get there the better for my health. The physical part of this job is less demanding but staying constantly aware while on the road is never to be underestimated. Most of these vehicles that I am transporting are bigger than normal so considerations on the road is mandatory. On to day 2.

No comments: