Monday, March 18, 2024

(#5524) Winding down my time in California

      California is where I have lived most of my life and for me that was a remarkable turn of luck. None of us knows where we will be born in life so having the exceptional luck to be birthed in a part of the world where my philosophical center is and the environment that has climate and natural beauty that is most stellar is exceptional. I will never forget my growing and formative years here and then my later years of maturity that have spanned more that 45 years of my life. Yet there is more to the world than my great home state. As a young person I appreciated that California was a moderate to hot climate with bodies of water nearly everywhere I turned.
     I am no longer a young person capable of being enthralled and physically able to withstand the demands of youth that California has historically catered. I am off to another region of our great nation that has cooler climes that I cherish and a slower pace of activity that suits my enduring evolving life existence. It had been my hope to relocate to the upper northwest for many years since I had lived in the Seattle area for nearly 18 years. I am at a stage in life where I enjoy the rain and snow of winter and the soft rains otherwise dispersed throughout the year. Seattle offers that and I am ready for it. It just so happens that a life changing event occurred and I am ready and willing to embrace that life changing effect.
     So in short order I will pulling up my stakes and moving where I not only will be happy to experience the weather but also a new chapter in my life that has another person involved in it. But more about that aspect later. Today I focus on the winding down time here as I sort, pack, load, and unload what things in life I have acquired to settle me in here. My new beginning will require much less that I have now and that is what new beginnings may offer. Life has taught me that the things I acquired in the past are not being utilized as I had hoped so they must be passed on to others whose time is just beginning. My dream of moving back up north is about to happen and for that I am eternally humbled.

No comments: