Friday, March 22, 2024

(#5528) Busy day today

      On a personal note, I am very busy today gleaning through what I have accumulated for the last many decades. I am only taking the bare minimum with me to my new life and winnowing that down is a bit of a challenge. Not so much emotional as utilitarian. I am just like others before me and since that kept things I could well use in the future but didn't. Those things will go easily. The harder things to part with are the things that are still of use but are no longer required. But like all things inanimate I will let them go and if needed in the future may easily be replaced with more modern versions. I am making this move by choice and that supersedes all other considerations of my own personal preference.
     So this morning the bedroom and it's contents will be assessed and then added to the going with me, giveaway, or throw away piles. The furniture, dressers, mirror, and nightstands are going to be given away to hopefully someone with a need. I have out front of my house a pile already for "free stuff" giveaway and lots have been gone away. More to come over the next 3 days and then what is left is slated for throw away. The rest I will put in my truck to the brim if needed for the trip up north. I do believe that after my last dental appointment on Tuesday morning that I will stock my truck, nap, and then go. So I now know my departure day and that will please a certain lady up north who has been my motivator and champion to start my new life with.
     The next 80 hours or so will be a whirlwind of activity as it should be for a man who has just changed most everything in his 68 years of life. All for the better it will be with some fondness for my time here in my California, I will leave with a happy heart. My lady is passionate about who I am so changing from anything we all know to be will not occur. Here is some advice, if looking into a relationship with anyone make sure you are like minded. Nothing is harder to change than your nature, regardless of the cause. Anyway, this little bit of respite writing this blog post is about over so back to the detailed task of rummaging through my life and choosing what that looks like by Monday evening. I feel like a kid starting out in life with a great adventure before me. Here is to all of us finding the happiness we should all be pursuing. :)

No comments: