Sunday, March 24, 2024

(#5530) Last big push to get my things boxed up

      I have finished the majority of my packing the easy stuff and the hard stuff. Now it is time to find the few remaining items that are not easily noticed but just as valuable. The last minute things that are going to take careful scrutiny with a practiced eye. I have not loaded much but at least most is packed and ready to be strategically located into the bed of my truck. I thought I might need a trailer to pull what I was going to take but as I got into actually packing I realized that I could fit it all in the back of my truck with the electronics I am taking being on the back seat on the inside of my quad cab truck.
     I will finish loading today and tarping everything up water tight because I know on my 12 to 14 hour trip up to Seattle I will encounter rain as it is the season for it. Either way I will be prepared. I didn't think I would take a lot of stuff with me but it seems that I do have a lot of stuff that is valuable to me. I will probably whittle down a little more once I get to my new home. Where I am going the house is already set with everything a newly to be domesticated man could imagine. Yet there are some things that I need for how I live that must be added to the mix in however we, Judy and I, will configure. Still having simplified my life to one stuffed truck load is pretty good maneuvering.
     I, as you can imagine, am worn out from the drive to get myself leaving on the 26th, 2 days hence. Yet I have much more to do and although taking the time to sit and write this blog does my legs and back some good I will need to finish this and then get back at the process I can envision that gets me on the road for Tuesday, hopefully before midday. The rush to get this move of mine done will help to mask the feelings I have for leaving my home for another. Yet know this, I am a happy man despite the feelings of what I am leaving behind. The last great adventure of my life is about to begin and for me it is the best of times yet still to come.

No comments: