Monday, January 14, 2019

As a man I march in support of women! (#3636)

     The 3rd annual Women's March will be next Saturday, January 19th., and I will be in it. I know it is a march for women to secure equal rights in our society and I am not trying to make it anything else, I am just going to be there to support them in their rightful demand. The fact that women are treated as less than men is appalling to me and as such motivates me to do something about it. I am not as healthy as I used to be and marching in this protest on a cold January mid morning is not something I do lightly. Despite the weather and the wear and tear on my physical frame I will nonetheless be out there to demonstrate that equality is not just a definition reserved for men.
     Even though I am a man and am privileged and advantaged by this undemocratic paradigm, I am still a human being above all and any human being who is unfairly treated is a specific concern to me. I cannot tackle all the problems in the world but I can walk for some miles in protest of policies that demean and disadvantage our greatgrandmothers, grandmothers, mothers, aunts, sisters and daughters. This is America and America should always stand up for democratic principles no matter they be foreign or domestic. That we need to clean our own house should be priority number one before we lecture others on the state of their house. I do not live as a hypocrite nor will I so march I will for our women not only here in America but for all women everywhere on Earth.
     There is a silver lining in marching predominately with women in that they know how to have a good time while demanding their equal rights. My experience out on the march with them previously gave me an insight into their imaginative ways of making their point. It is almost a carnival atmosphere with a serious foundation. Have a good time while making sure that the reason for the march is absolutely understood. That is creative and draws me in as a supporter. They don't beat you over the head with their demand but they sure as hell make you know that the motivation behind their demand is real and unwavering. The placards they carry are heartfelt and at times hilarious but always at the core they are telling a truth that cannot be misunderstood. It is an honor to help fight for our women and hopefully all the other men out there will feel the same and join us.

No comments: