Thursday, January 31, 2019

Here's to another 10 years (#3653)

     It would have been perfect if I had awoken this morning to the news that trump was in handcuffs and his administration was being dismantled. Such is my nightly hope before I go to sleep. Yet once again I awaken to the reality of trump still being in charge of our presidency, less putin. So resolutely, I redouble my efforts to oppose him and all that he stands for with all that I have within me. My daily blog post used to be about compassion and curiosity generally but since the existential threat trump has brought down on our heads I felt my blog post better served society as a siren call to all who actually understand the importance of democracy.
     Democracy is not just some abstract thought that can be whisked away by some carnival barking huckster in order to satisfy his egoistic mental deficiencies. No, it is the bedrock of our enlightened society. Most of us see the world as a place where many diverse and exceptional people may be nurtured to grow into the advanced beings we are reckoned to become. There is much work to be done and there are no doubt many problems within our democracy that need to be corrected. However there is no time for the intentional disruptions that the trumps and republicans are playing at with our very real lives. Tearing apart the progress that has been made through hard won sacrifice is just not to be allowed!
     So the time going forward for me is precious in that I have within me a duty to our nation that cannot be ignored nor left wavering. So once again I start afresh with a new blog post calling for the end of trumps and the republican party that enabled him. Let there be no doubt that this time in history, should we all live long enough to see it recorded, will become a case study in just how vulnerable our democracy became when we let the influences of greed and ignorance infiltrate our daily lives to the detriment of our allegiance to the greatest democracy every established. It won't be me who fails to fight like a dog of war to keep America the symbol of hope and courage in the face of the cruel and brutish socio/psychopaths who gain power through hook and crook!

No comments: