Wednesday, January 2, 2019

My greatest attribute? Solving problems (#3624)

     There is one thing I know about myself real clearly, it is that I have to solve problems just to get by. Like last night, my little room heater gave out and I got through the cold night using a spare awkward heater for my room. Old house and I don't have central heating because I have a 1950's style flat roof. Anyway, last night I took my normal floor heater apart with some difficulty I might add. It seems that the manufacturer went out of his way to make it nearly impossible to self repair this model. Anyway, again, I did get it apart and found a couple of charred connections. I replaced them but still the heater wasn't functioning after I put it back together.
     So then I went and used the spare heater for the night which is a spare heater for a reason because it is ancient and less efficient. So mostly first thing this morning I took the usual heater apart again which as per usual was a real pain in the the you know what! However upon getting it back apart and further investigation, I found another set of connections that had charred mostly apart. Well, I was feeling better now that I felt like I had gotten to the core of the problem. It seems that someone using this heater before I acquired it had tried to fix it themselves and had only set it up to fail. So I took that fix out and redid the wiring so that it was as good as new. I plugged the heater in with it apart still and laying on its side but no heat. Yet when I took all the parts and stood it upright it began to emanate heat.
     It is back together and working like it always had until yesterday and for that I am happy that I didn't have to deficit spend to get a new one. It is like that a lot with me most of my life. I have never had a lot and the few times I have I have given to others who were in desperate modes. So fixing my problems is the best solution for me. Not only in the area of material breakdowns but in the area of changing with our times to better become a more complete human being. Let me tell you that becoming the best version or staying even with the good I am now is a never ending problem of finding solutions but in my case anyway I am well prepared to keep that paradigm going.

No comments: