Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Milestone day, ten straight years with this post (#3652)

     It does seem like an occasion with me since I am somewhat into marking time at certain intervals. Birthdays etc.. Yet for this it is really kind of cool for me because when I started I had no idea how long I would last or even if I would make it a daily blog post. Yet, minus the 3 days I actually missed, and then made up for the next day by posting 2 blog post subjects, I have found out that I was motivated to try. I missed # (3) because well I was just trying to decide what to do and on that day completely forgot to post. The next day it hit me that I wanted to post everyday so I made 2 posts on day 4 and never forgot again.
     I did however get awfully sick twice during this 10 year run and in no way could I have posted either day. Posts 642 and 1042 were makeup posts published the day after the misses in keeping with my solution for a post a day, regardless them being a day late. So doing the math here I haven't missed a day of daily posting for any reason for, (3652-1042) = 2610 days. A little over 7 years without any makeup posts the next day. So I have found my rhythm and avoided any major issue that would have kept me from posting. Several times I lost Internet and had to go find wifi in order to post but that wasn't too inconvenient since I do have a vehicle and live here in California's capitol city.
     So with today marking 10 years I can put that behind me and embrace the next length of time whatever it may be. I wasn't sure when trump got appointed whether he would have killed us all well before this or not but it seems that we may actually survive his greedy, cruel, egoist idiocy and not have the doubt of our very lives at the forefront of our minds. Earlier last month I had been contemplating whether to keep going or stop with the milestone but having spent about an hour debating it with myself I decided that I couldn't stop nor modify my contribution to the ether without a greater purpose to replace it. I am a creature of some habits and it seems that this habit is one of those welcome few I am lucky to have.

No comments: