Tuesday, May 21, 2019

The desperation of the ignorant (#3763)

     They would rather be led to their deaths than accept that they are willfully being ignorant. I suppose it easier to blame, those who are full of curiosity about life and want to learn, as the culprits to their own choice to be sloths. Where the weak minded by choice are angry at the strong minded because they endure to know. Where in Alice's Wonderland did they get the idea that doing nothing with your life is better than doing something with your life? I was young once and was a carefree spirit who didn't plant any roots to speak of but one thing I never gave up on was my curious nature to know. I always pushed myself to learn more at every opportunity even while I was busy living a young vibrant life.
     What I cannot fathom here is why others who are not ready to be part of the "machine" are not likewise engaged in at least staying up on information and new discovery? How can one look at themselves in the mirror and be satisfied with being a rotting husk when all they need to do is pick up a book or turn on a computer and google anything that interests them? I hadn't found my place in society until I was ready but I never gave up on learning. I didn't portray learning as an evil that had the worst at heart for anyone. Never have I thought that learning was a bad thing, on the contrary, I have always known that not learning was the worst thing a living human being could do.
     So the cult of trump is born from those who will not learn to be better human beings. The lazy procrastinators are abundant it seems and how they got to being who they are is a misery no respectable human would ever imagine for themselves. I suppose it is easier to hate and hurt others than it is to understand and welcome others but I don't see how? For me, the lifelong bachelor, who finally found a niche in life that fits me, being understanding and welcoming to those who are nothing more than decent human beings is a no brainer. I have no desperation in my life as a rule because my soul is well settled into the fact that I am a good honest man who tries hard to learn more than I know and live my life like I want others to imagine their own as well.

No comments: