Saturday, May 25, 2019

Yesterday's no post (#3767)

     After more than 10 years of posting practically everyday, you would think I would be suffering withdrawals from not really posting anything like I normally do. But on the contrary, I didn't feel much of a tug to post something later that morning and in fact forgot that I hadn't posted until this morning. I like that. :) It seems that I am not an obsessive/compulsive like at times I think I am. I mentioned late last year that as I was approaching my 10 year milestone that I was considering not posting on an everyday schedule. yet not long after typing those words into a post I realized that I couldn't stop just like that and that I was comfortable enough to keep going as long as I had something to say.
     So it appears I am keeping with that since yesterday I had nothing to say despite there being plenty of news to drone on about. I like this too! :) So today's post is about how I have come to rationalize my blog now and what is in store for the future of it. First off, this blog is about me putting my thoughts down for anyone to peruse. It is like a therapy for me since the powers that be in our nation can only seem to screw life up for the most all of us. Second, I get a chance to inform about my view of how we should treat each other within our democracy. Then thirdly, I leave a record for any who would want to know who I am and what I think.
     All these reasons are important to me but what I also find honorable is being 100% behind my topic. So it seems that some days may get missed if the impulse to write is not with me on that day. I do love to write and see how our language and the words in it combine to persuade or inform new thought. This is just another area of where our species evolves on a constant basis. Forming new ideas from different words backed by reason, analysis, and conclusion from common sense and truths. If it weren't for letters and numbers I do believe my life would be worthlessly lived and of no good to anyone else.

No comments: