Monday, September 9, 2019

No mercy for republicans (#3874)

     The time for being civil with our opponents has passed. The reason? Because they are not civil in their ideals. They are brutal and cruel. So this isn't about finessing agreed upon foundational policies this is about republicans destroying our democratic foundations and replacing them with authoritarian rule. There is nothing civil about that. So if you were wondering at what point we need to take to the streets and demand accountability from republicans you missed that boat 2 decades at least ago. The time is long overdue to tune out whatever republicans say and tune into your own moral and ethical democratic compass.
     Whatever that is telling you to do then do it and be a real live human being who is part of our society and not just some bystander with no heart or courage to share. I say no mercy for republicans because the point of mercy is to offer a redemption. We cannot do that for republicans because they don't seek it and if they have no remorse for their continued attack on our society then they should receive the harshest of outcomes. If a black widow spider is coming at me to attack me I don't hesitate to squish it under my foot. The same analogy goes toward republicans. They take and take until we have little left and then they want to take more. Well the metaphorical bottom of my shoe is what they deserve without any guilt on my part.
     I have remorse for the things I did in my life that were brutish and uncaring and as a result of my remorse have changed my behavior and attitude to reflect the bettering of my life from the shame it was in the past. Those kinds of mercies we can provide to those who want to become a better person but that is not what we have here. We have republicans who have sold their souls along with any redemptive remorse to an ideal that has no good in its intent. Their mission in life is to destroy the good of democracy and burn it to the ground. They hate too many while loving nothing more than pleasure and greed. Their time in our lives is coming to an end and the ending of this time must be crushing and final.