Thursday, September 26, 2019

The twists and turns of life (#3891)

     It doesn't matter how convinced we are of our own ability to control things we are soon reminded that nothing is ever fully under our control. Which is why it is important to be doing the correct things in life so that when things do get haywire or chaotic we can always fall back on our hard and decent work. Unlike some who can only fall back because they have nothing of any value to support themselves. Sure they have their ill gotten gains but nothing that is dear can be found. We know that fate dictates to us what it will do when it does it and we must just prepare ourselves knowing that time and space are just a rental to us and no amount of delusion will change that.
     Which is another reason why making life even better than what we grew up in is so important. I can live with life knowing that I helped to contribute to it's betterment. What I won't tolerate from myself or others is the lustful approach to ignoble selfishness too many have accepted. Human and lower animal life are far more interesting than any plan of mine to make their lives less happy. Instead making their lives more happy when possible actually brings me an inner peace that is precious and absolute. The kind of feeling that justifies my actual being. This is the value in life not the houses, vehicles, nor jewelry that less than honorable acts achieve.
     Of that I know since although I have never had any great wealth the extra I have had seems to always go to others for their benefit. Which is consistently a pleasure of mine to be a part. More than a pleasure because my soul finds a connection to being helpful to others in no other way. No vainglory or self adulation here either. Just a real sense of belonging to our human race and a purposeful justification that our species is not a waste of space. The simple motto of doing the next right thing I picked up in a self help program designed to highlight what is best about us has taught me how to live. I am grateful for that inner look at how to live and for me it is of a great value alongside the axiom of doing no harm.

No comments: