Sunday, December 8, 2019

Hope is always there (#3963)

     What do I hope for? Well let me see. How about a democratic blue wave unlike anything ever seen in our recorded history. That would be wonderful if it came in like a tsunami and swept most all republicans out of office this coming November 3rd. 2020. Now I am being optimistic here and of course would settle for victories in key races that give we democrats majorities in the House, Senate, and of course the White House. But if I am going to hope why not hope for the better and best than just enough? The reason I put my hope out for a democratic blue wave is because our society has been beaten and cracked for the last nearly 40 plus years and we need to get a lot of work done to repair it.
     I can foresee in my hope the rebuilding of our infrastructure putting 10's of millions of Americans to work upgrading and smarting up all our utilities and commerce related activities. I can foresee new laws that reverse the current horrendous economic income gap and start to pay average Americans the respect and dignity of living wages. I foresee the reversal of fossil fuels as our main source of energy and the increased production of green energy solutions everywhere in our nation. I foresee the day when health care is not excluded from anyone and senior retirement is not a death sentence.
     I can foresee much more but the gist of it is that the society we are now laboring under will end and a new paradigm of happiness will begin. Where the good of all the people is the priority and not the least of which the poor among us. I know wrestling this hope into reality will take some real heavy lifting but it is in the hard of doing and accomplishing things that we find dearness. I may be just whistling Dixie to no one but my hope is that despite all the difficulties that are laid bare before us the will to have a more perfect union will prevail.

No comments: