Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Turnout, turnout, turnout, Yes! (#4029)

     Yesterday in New Hampshire our democratic turnout for the primary election has done what I had hoped for it to do. It was attended by close to around 290,000 democratic voters which would be an all time high turnout ever in New Hampshire for any primary election. More than who won this early contest for me is how many would be ready to vote for our candidates. The reason being is that the enthusiasm for our democratic party is crucial in taking down not only the target of trump but his enablers in the House, Senate, and state houses. With a huge turnout we can expect a very large purge of republican politicians who deserve nothing less.
     I was disappointed about the Iowa turnout results but it is a small state with a quirky all night voting protocol which turns a lot of regular people off. So just discounting Iowa I was ready to accept the result that New Hampshire would provide. Given that New Hampshire has a regular voting process and uses paper ballots to record it's vote totals. Well I was more than optimistic as the results rolled in and was showing a heavy turnout for we democrats. The closer we got to deciding which of our many candidates was going to win, the greater the number of voters coming out was apparent. I spent the night not watching who was going to win but how many voters would vote.
     To me it is all about turnout, even more so than which of our candidates will get our nominee. I have already pledged my full support to whomever wins our nomination because like it has been noted by many of us I am a one issue voter this time around and it is to stop trump from any chance of a second term, appointed or otherwise. Restoring the dignity and respect of our nation to not only our own citizenry but to the world at large is critical. Our nation is being run by some of the most devious underhanded cruel republicans and their time must be made to end this coming November 3rd. Nothing and I mean nothing is more important right now than the salvation of our democracy and the deserves owed to the republican party and it's snake head.

No comments: