Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Always hopeful but always factual (#4435)

      I am a romantic at heart and surely at this point in my life will always be one. The heart wants what it wants whether it is possible or not. Yet my hope is always, and I mean always tempered by reality. Reality is the capstone by which I begin and end all my thoughts and behaviors. So you will never know what I wish for or hope for because I am not one to live my dreams instead of living reality. Reality is what you will see when you look at me. Reality may be cold and heartless at times but that is the environment we live in. I can make it less cold and heartless through my acts of caring and questioning but I cannot change the fact of reality's nature.
     Which brings me to what I call the fairy tales. Mostly they are religions or cults that espouse anti reality propaganda. Sure they are attractive as all you have to do is look at all the organized religions in the world to see how many are serenaded into their grasp. The cold heartless nature that exists in reality scares many away from working hard to tame that current phenomenon. So instead too many go the easy route of basing their lives off of anti reality beliefs. I get it surely I do. Yet getting the reason why many do it doesn't make the reason sound of logic. Instead it shows how our species is vulnerable to our frailty. I was once a religious believer in my younger adulthood but as I grew more into the knowledge of reality I shook off the fairy tale and began to build a life founded in reality.
     I know many will not like this post of mine today yet the logic and facts of it are sound. My maturity and growth began when the fairy tale illusion was exposed. It was like the Allegory of the Cave scenario in the book The Republic written by Plato. The young man crawled out of the shadows that he only knew as real and finally saw reality without the make believe filters that were protecting him from his fears. We will never grow as a species until we are able to accept our lot in life without trying to sugar coat it with fairy tales or illusions that are not real. Good luck to our species making the next evolutionary jump out of the safe harbor of fantasy and into the necessary clarity of reality.

No comments: