Saturday, March 6, 2021

We all reach the end of days (#4417)

      What will we do when we are getting closer to our dirt naps than we are to our births is our decision. I know for myself I want to leave this world in a better place than when I entered it and that for me is nothing new. A lifelong goal of mine since I matured and realized that my own desires and wishes were just less improvement and more selfishness. Sure I need to satisfy some of my pursuits of happiness but not at the expense of others not getting much of any attempts at happiness. I hear and read from folks that since this last election we can take our foot off the pedal of striving for our shared goals. Well I am here to say that striving for our shared democratic goals is a never ending process, our manifest destiny if you will.
     So each of us has to decide for ourselves if we are going to be fighters for the rest of our lives for those of us who cannot fight but are victims nonetheless? Will we be champions of the better and best of humanity in the face of the worse and worst of us? Will we be on par with our founding fathers/mothers in the concept that equality of opportunity and the ideal of non discriminating individual merit need to be protected as a paradigm within democratic principles? Will we fight to be the apple of the eye of our children as they learn and grow to respect and defend democracy like we? Can we accept that the time for working hard to defend our democracy can only be relaxed when all the world is under a democratic ideal?
     None of us is any more special in our humanness than any other. We are all living creatures who are magnificent in our abilities given the most basic growing and learning processes. Until this concept is established beyond reproach then the time for taking a rest is not upon us. I am much closer to my end time than my beginning time yet I know that the fight must continue regardless of the allure of retiring to a false scenario. I know that many say that they have earned their place in the sun with no more care for the world than for it to be a supply for them. I say to them how dare they act like deserving human beings when compassion and curiosity are the drivers of our destiny. When no one is harmed by how our democracy differentiates then their excuses to be lazy and satisfied fall short of the least we should do.

No comments: