Monday, March 1, 2021

Late post today (#4412)

      There is plenty of subject matter to post about but I don't seem to be drawn to anything of a public conversation. I think my private life is rushing to the fore of my mind which is leaving me uninterested in forming an opinion on important subjects for today. I guess I can have a day every now and then where the ideas are not robust and plentiful. I spent the day out back working on the siding on the back of this house of mine so that I can get closer to finishing with this 8 year project to redo the outside of the house. I still need to do something about this flat roof but that is a thought for another day down the road.
     As I keep getting older I find that the ability of my previous youthful past has limits that were not as prevalent as they are now. Gone are the days where I could go from sunrise to sunset with little more than a break or two along the way. At 65 years old I have worn this body down to a shadow of it's heyday. But I still have a lot left given that I was a bit of a stud when it came to doing rough framing work. The last of the siding on the back outside is off and tomorrow I will put the new siding on, caulk, and prep for primer and paint. This house has needed so much care since I came aboard that it seems to be a mighty project with a never ending date.
     Yet that is fine by me since I have time now for doing what I can when funds are available. It does hurt to get back into a production mode but it is a good hurt that reminds me of the hard days and nights I use to live with endless energy. Life should be lived on an edge that doesn't deny us the value of a job well done and the fulfillment that brings. I have a few sayings of my own that I use at times, like the one where if I don't come home after the end of a rough framing work day without at least 3 slivers that I need to pull out then I haven't been working hard enough. I know me and no one is a tougher critic on what I can be and what I am. At this stage of my life though I should probably reduce that to one sliver a day. :)

No comments: