Monday, April 19, 2021

Still blogging (#4461)

      When trump was appointed as president by the electoral college on Monday, December 19, 2016 I was sure that my blogging days were over. I knew what kind of cadaver he was and because of my opposition to him that he would find a way to crush me some way. Well it seems the job of taking care of the insignificant like me was too big a job for him. He proved himself inept from the beginning and that is the only reason I know that I am still here blogging against him and the republican party. Not that I would change anything as I knew what I was doing when I was doing it. It has been 167 days since the election and 163 days since the major television networks called the race for then President Elect Biden.
     So the end of trump as an appointed president is over despite his death rattles to the contrary. So my blogging days continue as if nothing ever interrupted them. I feel vindicated in many ways but most importantly is that I never stopped calling him a piece of shit! I never capitalized his name and never gave him an ounce of trust since his first days of being sworn in as the appointed president. I had initially hoped that he had hoodwinked the republican party and would come out as more a liberal/progressive but that hope lasted about one day. Let me be clear here, my hope was in no way probable. Just a "you never know" kind of scenario where it is so unlikely that you don't expect it. I was correct in my probabilities and although for a moment in time I had hoped for a miracle of sorts I knew it would not come to be despite hope.
     But today as I sit in front of my computer's keyboard I feel a sense of rebirth that although we endured the 4 years of a real dystopian state of being we are much stronger and clear eyed coming out of it. Not just me who has been advocating for a better society but the many who were not engaged in politics who now are! The decline in the republican party is their greatest internal threat because they chose trump and his vileness over the American people and it is showing as the republican party continues to choose trump over the American people. I do believe that a new horizon of awareness has emerged from the old paradigm of confusion and that my friends is why I will keep blogging about it.

No comments: