Sunday, April 18, 2021

Understanding ourselves (#4460)

      I won't waste anyone's time here trying to understand our mental side of things. Today I am more interested in understanding the physical. We all have but one body under our care and that is our own. So knowing what is going on with our bodies should be a priority for all of us. I know when I am hurting and when I am not. So I adjust my physical abilities to fit that constant change in my physical status. I do color outside the lines metaphorically at times but that is my ego trying to tell me that I am still stronger and more powerful than I really am. I ignore my ego for the most part but not entirely.
     So in those times that I don't ignore my ego because I am not perfect, I try to limit that urge to maybe doing a little more than I should but not a lot more than I should. I end up somewhere in between so there is that. As long as I don't add to the list of things I have to modify my physicality to then all is well. Yet I do end up harming myself in long term ways that seem to add to the pain threshold of some of my more chronic inadequacies. Plus the fact that I am getting older and my blood cells are not vibrant like they were in my formative years.
     I am no strict disciplinarian when it comes to taking care of my body like some who use a master plan regimen. But I am conscious of basic rules that help me along in maintaining my energies and manage my aches and pains. Life is a constant discovery of information and I try to keep up with a lot of it. I know my life is at the short end of the stick now so being somewhat in the scientific mode is a value worth exploring. I am not afraid of death but I do want to be agile enough throughout the extent of my life to make living it worthy of what it is to be a human being. I will continue to modify my behavior in ways that strengthen my current physical status as well as allows me to prevent further deterioration due to indifference.

No comments: