Tuesday, April 6, 2021

The good guys always helped society (#4448)

      Growing up as a child I used to watch television, black and white in my day, concerning how heroes and the good guys were portrayed. One thing always stood out about the people I admired, albeit mostly fictional, and that was their dedication to helping other people or society at large. They were selfless and courageous in their acts and behaviors so much so that I wanted to be just like them. But like all things in life we often are mislead and are deviated from our early innocent understandings of truth. Not that they were wrong but because we trusted others who were not doing their best to be truthful.
     But as was the case with me and no doubt similarly with others is that after being off the early chosen path I had for myself I reunited with it later in my life. So much so that for me to think of myself of anything less than a good guy would be counterproductive and untrue overall. I am steadfast in living as a good guy, maybe not a hero but someone who would sacrifice for the better if the moment arose. I suppose being that young and knowing how I wanted to live my life was hubris considering I had not the confidence yet in too many areas of my life. I was distracted because I was unsure about life as such and for that I am sorrowful.
     Yet I found my way back early enough in time with what is left of my life that making a difference for the better and best has not been a fool's errand for me. It has been real and effective. I tolerate little of foolish and immature behavior when it is expressed with a cavalier attitude backed by ignorance. I reward those who find that being a good person and a hero type is also their preferred choice of living. To care and to wonder is the impetus for my blog and I might also add behavior that posits the better and best and not behavior that negates the better and best. This world will be better for me having lived in it and that will be my legacy to everyone who has a heart, mind, and soul for our amazing human race and all living species' that are under our stewardship.

No comments: