Saturday, June 19, 2021

(#4522) The republican party is imploding

      I have tried long and hard to figure out why moscow mitch would come out and immediately denounce the Manchin voting rights proposition. I mean, come on man, at least fake some interest in it so as to keep Manchin hanging on the "protect the filibuster at all costs" line for as long as possible correct? lol. But no. The republican party and it's policy of trying to run out the clock on Joe Biden's first term for legislation is being undercut by republicans themselves. Go figure! So anyway, by immediately kicking Manchin in the nuts because of his attempt at bipartisanship republicans have once again vividly shown that they are never going to be good faith partners, which most of us knew anyway. So Joe Manchin needs not worry about preserving anything that would embrace bipartisanship with this ridiculous and dangerous republican party.
     What is surprising to me is that I couldn't for the life of me see a simple solution for getting Manchin to stop blocking legislation. I mean I was at my ropes end and nothing was working. But then along comes the republican party, by which they would most benefit from Manchin keeping to his protect the filibuster stance the most. The republican party singlehandedly gave all of us a solution to our Manchin problem in less than a New York second. I am very happy about it because if stupid had a face right now it would be mcconnells. Well I am not one to turn down a gift that will keep on giving so thanks republicans and do carry on. The future is coming in a good way and thanks to republicans screwing over the republican agenda of denying Biden legislation by kneeing Manchin in the nuts.
     Now that is almost a two-fer given my frustration with Manchin over the last 4 months but even I kind of feel sorry for him being nard hurt by those he thought he was helping. Be whatever it may be however, the effect of mcconnell saying no to Manchin is a likely Manchin saying yes to us. Which in the real real is what should have been from the get go. So yeah, today is the beginning of a new hope in America and how it plays out now is much brighter than it was just 2 days ago. So much for mcconnell being remembered as a man of wisdom. lol.

No comments: